HR for Construction Finance Certificate Program: Module 5
Aug 22, 2023 - 3:00 PM (ET) - Online
Hosted by CFMA
About this Event
Tuesday, August 22 from 3-4:30 pm ET
Due to the preparation required for this course to be successful, registration will close at 2 p.m. ET on July 24. Please note, this is module 5 of 5 for CFMA's Human Resources for Construction Finance Certificate Program. Module recordings will be provided to accommodate certificate program participants with scheduling conflicts; however, active participation in live module broadcasts is encouraged to enhance the learning experience, including roundtable discussions. It is important to note that module recordings are not eligible for CPEs and do not include roundtable discussions.
The Employee Life Cycle
It can be easy to fall into the trap of only focusing on specific points of the employment process and experience – typically hiring and termination get the most attention. A more holistic approach that will improve the employee experience is to view the process as a life cycle. Using lessons learned from the prior four modules, this final module will study what cultural, procedural, and legal considerations should be made throughout the employee life cycle.
By the end of this module, you will be able to:
- Understand the recruitment and hiring processes.
- Identify onboarding and orientation best practices.
- Evaluate all types of ongoing training and learning opportunities for employees (business, technical, personal improvement, financial wellness, etc.).
- Identify employee performance management and disciplinary best practices.
- Consider technology options for managing this process.