HR for Construction Finance Certificate Program: Module 3
Aug 8, 2023 - 3:00 PM (ET) - Online
Hosted by CFMA
About this Event
Tuesday, August 8 from 3-4:30 pm ET
Please note, this is module 3 of 5 for CFMA's Human Resources for Construction Finance Certificate Program. Participants are welcome to register for the certificate program after it starts and module recordings will be provided to accommodate certificate program participants with scheduling conflicts. However, active participation in live module broadcasts is encouraged to enhance the learning experience, including roundtable discussions. It is important to note that module recordings are not eligible for CPEs and do not include roundtable discussions.
Legal Components of HR
HR is traditionally considered a legal role regarding compliance. As the financial professional, the ultimate responsibility for ensuring that your employment and payroll practices are in compliance with legal requirements likely falls to you. Understanding the basics of legal statutes will be key to protecting you and your company.
By the end of this module, you will be able to:
- Determine the basics of Wage & Hour law and DOL audits.
- Differentiate employee HR classifications correctly for overtime calculations.
- Ensure records are sufficient in defending any future claims.
- Explain how to properly complete, store, and retain the I-9 form.
- Analyze ERISA, benefit, and audit compliance considerations.